Sunday, October 24, 2010

Starting New


Haven't written a blog in about two years. I started writing the blog (2 posts) as a way of trying to gather my feelings, express myself and my opinions and slowly started forgetting that I had one; sophomore year and junior passed by more in a hazed with so many problems and losing a lot of who I am. But now I am a senior and I have started finally finding where I fit in this world and my purpose. Even though my purpose might change, but right now I think it is to make a difference. Whether this difference is in form of giving someone a new form of thinking by exposing them to new ideas or concepts they have never explored or by helping someone through a difficult time. I feel no task is too small and sometimes, regardless of what others say, is the small things that count.

I have been struggling a lot this semester with my ideas, with my opinions, where I stand within feminism, where I stand with certain issues and what I’m going to do about them. It hasn’t been easy exposing myself to criticism, to the opinions and viewpoints of others and accepting them even though I may not agree with their view point. What I am planning with this blog is to use it as a form of expressing myself on important issues I come across, and hopefully with this I can find my way in this maze I’ve been put in. Hope it helps!

No comments: